** For the 2019 JET Programme, Barbadian applicants must submit their documents to the Embassy of Japan in Barbados.
This programme enables local authorities to employ foreign youth as Assistant English Language Teachers (ALT’s) for Japanese students from Elementary to High School Level. Currently, the program invites approximately 5,500 participants from around 54 countries each year, making it one of the largest cultural exchange programs in the world!
In addition to being proficient in the English language, prospective ALT’s should be interested in Japan’s rich culture, and should also be willing to promote international exchange at the community level.
Nationals of Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados are eligible to apply for this program.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, Please click here.
FOR JET PROGRAMME- CURRENT NEWS
JET TIMELINE OF EVENTS
1. Application period (October-November)
2.Interviews with shortlisted candidates (End of January - early February)
3. Announcement of final candidates and alternates (April)
4.Departure of JETs (usually end of July)
Applications for the JET Programme 2019 (Download files here)
Application Guidelines (Trinidad and Tobago)
Kindly note the following when submitting Application forms:
1. Candidates will be required to submit three (3) application forms in total:
*1 with ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS,
*other 2 forms with COPIED documents.
2. Only suitably qualified applicants will be acknowledged. Telephone enquiries will not be accepted.
3. All documents submitted with the application form will not be returned.
4. Only Certified/Official transcripts from Universities (and not student copy of transcripts) will be accepted. This should be submitted with the application forms.
5. A certified copy of the Bachelor's Degree will be accepted.
6. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
7. No CV/Resumes are to be submitted.
Please send these documents to the Embassy of Japan:
Embassy of Japan in Trinidad and Tobago
5 Hayes Street
Embassy of Japan in Barbados
Office A. Mars House,
No.13 Pine Road,
St. Michael, Barbados
Application Deadline: 23 November, 2018 (Trinidad & Tobago applicants)