JET Programme : The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme
Culture & Education | Japanese Education System | Study in Japan | MEXT Scholarship Programme | JET Programme | JET Participants Reports
JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching) Programme
This programme enables local authorities to employ foreign youth as Assistant English Language Teachers (ALT’s) for Japanese students from Elementary to High School Level. Currently, the program invites approximately 5,700 participants from around 57 countries each year, making it one of the largest cultural exchange programs in the world! In addition to being proficient in the English language, prospective ALT’s should be interested in Japan’s rich culture, and should also be willing to promote international exchange at the community level. Nationals of Trinidad & Tobago are eligible to apply for this program.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please click this link :
The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme
JET Participants Reports from JAPAN
Notice: Application period for the JET Programme 2021 Cycle is CLOSED!
1. JET TIMELINE OF EVENTS:
(1) Application period (October - December)
(2) Interviews with shortlisted candidates (February - beginning of March)
(3) Announcement of final candidates and alternates (April)
(4) Departure of JETs (mid-September)
2. Application Documents for the JET Programme 2021:
(1) List of required documents
(2) Application Guidelines
(3) Application Form
(4) Application Form Chart Sheet
(5) Self Report of Medical condition(s)
(6) Certificate of Health
(7) Statement of Physician
Kindly note the following when submitting Application forms:
(1) Candidates will be required to submit three application forms in total:
a. One with ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS,
b. Other two forms with COPIED documents.
(2) Only suitably qualified applicants will be acknowledged. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
(3) All documents submitted with the application form will not be returned.
(4) Only Certified/Official transcripts from Universities (and not student copy of transcripts) will be accepted. This should be submitted with the application forms. If a physical copy of the document requested cannot be provided by the institution, a printed copy of the digital version must be submitted.
(5) A certified copy of the Bachelor's Degree will be accepted.
(6) Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
(7) No CV/Resumes are to be submitted.
4. Frequently Asked Questions
Please submit the application to the Embassy of Japan
Embassy of Japan in Trinidad and Tobago
5 Hayes Street
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
Application Deadline: 18 December, 2020